and Critical Reasoning.
Professor Janet D. Stemwedel
Tuesday, November 23:
*The longer paper guidelines and the study guide for Quiz #6 are now posted.
Tuesday, November 23:
*Quiz #5 (on proofs) will be on Thursday, December 2, 2010.
*I've posted the conversion from points to letter-grades for each of the first four quizzes so you can figure out where you stand.
*If you don't like where your quiz average stands, there will be a sixth quiz (which is optional) on Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 9:45 am-12 noon. The quiz will be cumulative (i.e., it will cover material from Quizzes 1-5) and a study guide will be posted by Tuesday, December 7.
*The longer paper for the course will be due on Tuesday, December 14, 2010, at 12 noon. Guidelines for this paper will be posted by Tuesday, November 30, 2010.
*I'm setting up a discussion forum in D2L that you can use to discuss the last three homework assignments (on rules of inference, rules of replacement, and proof strategies) with your classmates to help you get ready for Quiz #5.
Tuesday, November 2:
*We will not have a class meeting on Thursday, November 4. Instead, discuss arguments from today or last Thursday with your classmates in D2L. (This may help you locate a good argument for short paper #2.)
* Guidelines for short paper #2 have been posted. This paper is due in class Tuesday, Nov. 23, 2010. (Note the adjusted due date.)
* Quiz #4 has been postponed to Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2010
Guidelines for short paper #1 have been posted. This paper is due in class Tuesday, Sept. 28, 2010.
* Lecture slides can be viewed here or on D2L.
* Homework problems are posted here and on D2L. You are responsible for bringing a hardcopy to the class meeting at which we discuss them (or for bringing a computer so you can access them online during our class discussion).
* Quiz #1 is scheduled for Tuesday, September 14 (during class time). The best way to prepare for it is to review homework assignments 1-4.
Wednesday, August 25: Phil 57 section 3 is officially full. However, at the first class meeting I will be compiling a list of people who want to add the course.
Contact Prof. Stemwedel
Go to Prof. Stemwedel's home page
|course home||course information||handouts||assignments||instructor information||announcements|